Culled from This is a collection of leave letters and applications
written by people........ This is a collection of leave letters
and applications written by people in various places of Pakistan.
1. A student's leave letter: "As I am suffering from my uncle's marriage
I cannot attend the class...." -----------------------
2. A candidate's application: "This has reference to your advertisement
calling for a 'typist And an accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both
for the past Several years and I can handle both; I am applying for the
3. I.T.I., Lahore: An employee applied for leave as follows: Since I have
to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife. Please sanction me
4. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows: "Since I've to
go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clocks and I may not return, please
grant me half day casual leave"
5. A leave letter to the headmaster: "As I am studying in this school I am
suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today"
6. An incident of a leave letter: "I am suffering from fever, please declare
one day holiday."
7. Another leave letter written to the headmaster: As my headache is paining,
please grant me leave for the day.
8. A covering note: "I am enclosed herewith..."
9. From H.A.L. Administration dept: As my mother-in-law has expired and I
am responsible for it, Please grant me 10 days leave.
10. Actual letter written for application of leave: "My wife is suffering
from sickness and as I am her only husband At home I may be granted leave".
11. Letter writing: "I am in well here and hope you are also in the same
12. Another gem from I.T.I. Leave-letter from an employee who was Performing
his daughter's wedding: "As I am marrying my daughter, please grant a